07-06-2012, 08:57 AM   #15
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipm3 View Post
I personally wouldn't go as far as getting a whole new exhaust. These BMW inline-6s tend to get raspy and resonate a lot when you get straight through exhausts. I would recommend just getting a new midpipe or welding in resonators in them.

My E46 M3 exhaust is completely straight through and I get a nasty rasp/resonance at around 2700RPM. My buddy has the same setup except for two resonators in his midpipe, his resonance is absolutely gone.

The Evolve Automotive muffler is probably one of the best I've heard for the 1M. You should keep it!!!
+1. Your set up is too extreme for some tastes including mine. Even just the rear muffler sounds very good and I am sure I'll be fine by adding N55 mid pipe which includes a resonator. I bet my drone will be gone or minimized too. I remember that another member (clived) refrained from adding mid pipes to his set up (Evolve rear + catless dps) thinking that it would be too loud etc. and as far as I know his car is just fine. Just try the stock mids first.
Appreciate 0