View Single Post
      11-04-2016, 02:43 PM   #115
dandandan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i N55 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandandan View Post
I had/have the same issue (window not rolling up with auto-up or inching up). The window would stop half way and then go back down on its own.

I almost went through a car wash with my driver’s side window down and no way to close it! It was like a bad action movie in slow motion. As my car rolled forwards in neutral, I started to panic and finally was able to close it at the last minute before the soap jets got me!

The only way I can close the window is by inching up past a halfway point and then pressing auto up. Even when inching up, the window can retract back down in the open position.

This was already fixed at BMW by way of a new motor and was resolved for about a month.

THE SAME PROBLEM IS BACK after having been fixed with a new motor!

Has anyone with this problem also had any coding work done to their car? I'm starting to think maybe my coding work may be the culprit. I added an option to allow the window to close when the door is open. The only thing is, my coding was still intact when this window problem was resolved a month ago with a new motor.

I'll have to take it back to BMW again (CPO) but I'd love to hear if anyone has any feedback that hasn't already been discussed.

Thank you!

Update: Pfaff (The best in the GTA) fixed the issue and this time it seems for good. They replaced the regulator this time. The action of the window seems much smoother and a lot quieter.
Appreciate 0