View Single Post
      05-22-2010, 08:25 AM   #40
BBBluey
Major
Rep
Drives: very slow and courteous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
When you guys go to the German dealer... Do you get any paper work that shows what they repaired? With a description and part numbers?

The reason I ask... is bc for my first visit... the dealer would not give me any paper work. Nothing. ??? This was for an engine miss. They told me they replaced all six injectors and spark plugs.
I didn't get any paperwork on my warranty work either. When I asked for it they said they don't give it out but that they would show me on the database the work they performed. Apparantly, the database is global so when I do go back to the states, the work they performed here will be visible over there.
I still think it's a crock as I like to keep my own records for proof of work. A perfect example: When I took my car in for the HPFP, thier database showed fuel pump + filter + software was the work and replacement parts--the dealer even explained it all to me. Then again I had a long crank so I took it back in. When I picked it up they then told me that this time the fuel pump was replaced-- I told them it was replaced the first time as well but they then changed the story saying that no it hadn't because BMW hadn't approved it, that only the software and some filter was done. So there you go, lack of paperwork on our side to prove the BS that's going on.
However, my car now runs like new--starts right up and pulls without lag that I've noticed.
Appreciate 0