View Single Post
      11-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #19
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Artemis, yes the jetwashers were/are mandatory but only in EU because it is a EU norm that manufacturers has to abide. Dubai 1M Dack posted has the chance of not having them (I like it that way, he did good, especially in Dubai heat and dry) because it is a different market. Another example is when I bought my E90 330i back in 2005/6 I opted not to have jetwashers but just Xenons with adaptive headlights and it came that way. I was allowed to do that because at the time I was in Brazil and that was also a market not forcing certain equipment like jetwashers, you could buy it or not. This time I was not allowed the same trick for my 1M because I was in Turkey when I put the order, Turkey follows whatever EU norm when it comes to imported cars (from EU) because it is a candidate country which already is in customs union with EU. That worked against my little wish and my SA asked for it from Germany, answer was a NO, despite the fact that I would be receiving my car in South America.

Jetwashers are stupid, in any form.

And Dack, you should be really remembering the prototypes since almost all of them were with halogens and people were asking each other in Forums if 1M would be that cheap
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0