View Single Post
      11-29-2009, 04:49 AM   #2
cks0213
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

So far I have parking lights and low beam.
These headlights do not have high beam and I found out later from Andy that I need Daeos harness to get the Daytime Running Lights (DRLs).
The lights also flicker when starting, and is probably the LUX H8.
I was pretty upset, because I found these informations out after I got the headlights installed. Maybe I was not careful enough to check these details, but Andy DID NOT TELL ME.
Also, I get both low beam bulb and hight beam bulb out error message.
I'm trying to get this figured out... Damon is thinking that the low beam error might be the LUX H8, as they seem to throw errors and the high beams error might be because the resistors are loose or are not working properly.

They are prewired, so I just need to take off the bumper and put in the swap the old ones with new ones. Also since the headlights do not have high beam and my car has high beam, I needed to put the 50W resistors.
One end of the resistors goes to ground and the other goes to PIN#6 to fool the computer.
For the DRLs, I have the Daeos harness coming in sometime next week.
I contacted Damon, one of Andy's business partners looking to split from Andy, because Andy simply was not very good to deal with. I was just upset at how he never told me about the high beams and DRLs.
When I called Damon and told him about my situation, he said he will try to help me out and he sent me the Daeos harness for a great price.

Before:

After: ignition and lights off

After: DRLs

After: parking lights

sorry for iphone pictures and a lot of blah blah blah.

Last edited by cks0213; 12-04-2009 at 06:30 PM..
Appreciate 0