@OrangeCrush
@yulook
@IEDEI
@MDORPHN
@Sparks1M
@Nkc

Quote:
Originally Posted by smq42 View Post
That's an incredibly clear photo with zero shake or blurr given how fast the car was going.

I'd be wetting my pants and have a death grip on the wheel at that speed!

How did you capture it?
I was driving with my foot to the floor and the speed limiter kicking in. Thats 250 kph(155mph) for cars with M-Sport. Non M Sport cars are limited to 210 kph.

I just used my small Canon IXUS point and shoot during a bright day to take that pic. One handed on the wheel and the other with the camera and resting on the steering wheel/center pad/airbag.

Btw... even though the speedo says 250 kph(my car is a US spec car here in Germany)... when I used it with my TomTom the real speed was 240 kph.

After I got my car's DME sw flashed to 380PS and 520Nm with an "open" V-Max, I have seen speeds as high as 285 kph via my Navi/TomTom. Thats about 6,400 rpm's in 6th gear. I know a few times I have seen 6,500 or 6,600 rpms... but I do not know what speed that is. I would think around ~290 or 293 kph. Things happen too quickly at those speeds to take a photo!

Not to thread jack but here are two videos of driving fast at night. These are more shaky though.

My original point for the OP is that not to worry about driving these cars hard. They ARE designed for the rigors of the Autobahn. Even when I drive that fast my oil temps rarely break the 255'F mark. and then once you slow down the oil temps go back down to 240'F range. These cars are strong runners.

Driving around in Germany/Autobahns (videos inside!)
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=424388

Dackel
Appreciate 0