Tweeked SRT4
Resident SRT4 Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 Dodge SRT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM3 View Post
Tweeked SRT4:
Which subaru dealership did you go to? i've test drove a couple sti's (new and used) in naperville and they were pretty cool about it. Sti was one of the cars on my list but decided on the 135. as far as reliability, it's hard to beat the japanese reliability, but do you think your mod/tune has something to do with your 135 breaking down a lot? just seems like most people having issues with 135s are modded or are running some kind of tune. thinking of getting a tune but a little hesitant after reading from forums.
I've been to Roto in Arlington Heights and Napaleton in Schaumburg. All the problems I've had with the car were before I modded it. I was getting ready to order a JB4 and everything just started to break on me. I had a Footwell module go at 12K miles. I've had a idler pulley break off at 7100 miles in stop and go traffic. I've had issues with my car that probably shouldn't happen until after the first 3 years. Both headlamps have been replaced at 7K miles Hell I've beaten the living piss out of my SRT4 since brand new and has been big turbo since about 47K miles and currently has 71K and still runs like a champ and has great compression.

I'm still having issues with my drivers side window and sunroof not always closing properly, brakes squeal like a freight train and the suspension squeaks in the rear. I address them to Laurel and they say they look at it and still doesn't seem like they fixed the problems. I've also had a misfire happen before I had a tune. Just with all the problems I've had before the tune made me heistant on modding if the car has enough manufacturer problems. haha I've had one misfire issue with the tune installed but other than that the car has been fine actually with the mods. It just sucks I can't get lemon law on the car cause it's not the same issue. It's something different every time.
2013 Subaru STI Sedan in WR Blue
Appreciate 0