View Single Post
      02-09-2014, 09:37 PM   #18
Simmons-Racing
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by crvz View Post
I've been trolling around some and will share here for the 1-series folks how much of this story applies from the e9x application (which seems to be quite similar), and I've gotten a number of emails from Ken at musicarnw which have been great for my understanding. I suspect I will relocate the factory head unit to the trunk in order to retain my park distance control and chime, as well as eliminate any issue with future programming/SOS errors resulting from the missing factory radio. I've consumed a lot from this thread about how to do that:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319976

I'll keep this thread updated with any results, though I suspect they'll be slow. I ordered a few parts to extend the MOST fiber optic cable for the factory radio relocation, but that will come after I get the new head unit in place. I pulled the factory radio and drove around for a few days with nothing to see if there were any errors or issues, but thus far I've only lost the chime (which is nice on some level) and PDC. I popped the factory radio back in and everything was restored, so I've not goofed anything just yet.

These are the parts I ordered.
fiber optic cable
socket connectors
Not sure yet how they'll all stack up, but I'll share that when I get into that aspect of the work.
Can you explain what SOS and PDC is?

Thanks,

Simmons
Appreciate 0