Brookside
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i M-Sport

Scott27:

Re: Spied: BMW 1-Series coupe
Today's quote :

"Simplicity without distraction"

And since it is Easter , An extra special Something to help with all that chocolate!

" Where Efficient Dynamics engages with driving desire"

In which we talk about - 50:50 weight distribution, intelligent lightweight design with modern energy management, aluminium suspension and front axle, enhanced agility, steering and road handling...

Today's quote...

"An Instantly recognisable identity of a successful history."

The new BMW 1er Coupe.
Emotional Response.

And so the countdown begins....

"Remember the Good times? The times you reminice and long for ?
the period where you can fall back on when things get tough?

It's the crave for for something nostalgic that triggers your emotions..."

Today I seen the first raw footage of some of the Sydney shoot.
Lost for words a nice driving shot of the Coupe on the Harbour bridge at sunset angel-eyes illuminated the first night lights of sydney begin to illuminate. reflecting a nice orange glow that illuminates the background ocean and the car. Although it has still to be edited and mixed with sound and music - Chilled out jazzy lounge breakbeats.
But we have plenty of Skyscaper shots by pointing a camera upwards and driving around the city - One my personal favorites is the beginning a finger presses the Start button and a traffic light goes green. Then the sun goes down and then the car is seen at night cruising the streets in which the music changes to very electronic fast beats again skyscrapers at night , climaxing in a stop outside the Opera house. The whole idea is to capture the energy , youth , desirability,image and expectation of the new Coupe .

Just a few examples of Scott26/27’s comments on this site and GermanCarZone. He also posts on CarSpyShots.

Somewhere, I think it was GCZ, Scott posted personal info where he talks about working for an independent pr firm that does business with BMW- I think that’s a fair and accurate characterization of his profile.

While I appreciate the insider info that Scott and Eni provide- I suspect their comments are officially BMW-approved leaks making them hired hands and more than interested fans. Some of it, also, I think, is dis-information or mis-information that puzzles me as to why. For example Scott recently posted where and when the 1-er would be shooting in downtown San Francisco. There were two guys with cameras from GCZ in S.F. who drove around for days...never saw anything- and if you’ve been to the city by the bay you know it’s a relatively small downtown.

But that’s not really a big deal- what is, is the bending of reality- the fake/real pics, the insider gossip/tips/facts that are there not to serve the interested public, but simply put, to schill cars for BMW.
To be fair, Scott and Eni shine when providing factual info on what we can expect...colors, engines, features.

I feel like a pampered guinea-pig. The site hosts, unwittingly I think,
cutting edge marketing strategies. To some extent, I don’t like being messed with. But, like a junkie, I can’t get enuff of any tidbit about the 1-er.

So, I’m ambivalent that these guys employ very sophisticated methods of consumer manipulation aside from Scott’s recent meanderings and awkward turns of phrase. And kind of in shock that the debut of the car I’m interested in has been wrapped up in a quasi-insurgent form of mind-screw.

Ironically, the image that Harold posted and uses as the 2addicts logo is prescient...it looks to be precisely what we will get.
Appreciate 0