View Single Post
      08-16-2012, 10:33 PM   #22
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
I sold my rims to someone through paypal. The guy is not from the forums, he saw my post and sent me e-mail. He owns a e46. Everything went pretty flawless at first.

I provided about 20 pictures of my wheels and their condition. Answered all of dudes questions, shipped the wheels out, and today I got this message:

"They arrived today .
So far pretty dissatisfied and disappointed.

These don't look like the one in the pictures they look different color .

They are all dirty and you left the bag with the lugs open so they scratch and damaged one wheel !!!

I have pictures ."

I am not sure what to do. I had lots and lots of pictures of my wheels. I sold OEM rims and they are silver. I don't know what color he was expecting them to be.

As for being dirty, not sure how. I powersprayed them with wheel soap and water. I understand maybe the inside or the wheel well not being clean, but what does he expect? The pictures clearly show their condition.

I put the lugnuts in one of those padded envelopes(actually, the one I received from tirerack for my new lug nuts). I guess it is possible that it could have broken, but I put them inside of the wheel. Unless the UPS guy flipped over my box several times I don't know how they could have scratched the wheels.

Not sure if this guy is trying to scam me or not. I am not really sure what to do as this is my first thing i sell online.

I know UPS said my wheels were insuranced for 100 dollars each wheel. Should I just file a claim against UPS for the 1 damaged wheel and tell him to get it resprayed?

For images of my wheels before I shipped them, see my original FS thread.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=714460

Not really sure what to do or say : (.
Are those picts of just one wheel?

Judging by the black residue, I'd say the wheel shown in those picts have brake dust on them.
Your linked picts don't show any brake residue.

The center cap appears to have something whitish spilled on it.
Zoomed in it does not look like scratches.
I don't see how a lug nut could cause it to look like that.

It's hard to tell which wheel it could be as he didn't shoot the whole wheel, and then show details.
I'm going with that was done on purpose, so that you can't see exactly which wheel he is showing.
I'd ask for a full clear pic of the whole wheel with the valve hole at 12 o'clock, and show detail either going clockwise or counter clockwise.

I kept looking at your picts vs his picts to try and figure out which wheel it is. It doesn't look like wheel #3, as that one doesn't have the wheel weights that are shown in his picts.
It looks like wheel #1 or #4, and maybe #2.
Again, this is why you need a pic of the whole wheel in question.

I tried to diagram the nicks and residue, but something seems odd, as if it's not picts of just one wheel.

Again, the picts you do have show brake dust. I don't think it's residue from the lug nuts. Do you think the black residue you're seeing is from the lugs?
In one of the picts all it shows is residue, and if you look at the upper corner where the arm attaches, there looks to be a smudge in the residue that looks like it was done with a finger.
Plus, that residue looks like it would easily come off with a few wipes with a towel.

The pic with the 3 nicks/gouges shows the black underneath the paint, just like your pic with the rash. It's black underneath.

The boxes that you shipped them in, do they have some kind of holes covered in clear plastic?
I'm wondering because I see, in 2 picts, something that looks like silvery holes/circles. Zoomed in it looks like holes covered in clear plastic.
?

What is the buyer asking for?
My guess is that he wants you to lower the price.
But, I'll tell you, if I thought someone sent me wheels that were not the wheels I saw in pictures, I would contact Paypal, or the place I used for payment, and file a complaint.

Also, for lugs to cause that kind of damage, there would have to be a lot of tossing and tumbling to first break open the bag and then cause and damage. The box would have to look beaten up. Does he have a pic of the box? And, if the box/es were that beaten up, why did he accept delivery, or not contact UPS to complain? These wheels weight at least 20lbs. That's not really heavy, but it's also not like a light bag of clothes or patato chips.

Ask yourself, if you received these wheels, and you thought they were not the wheels you saw in picts given to you, would you even want them?
I'd tell the seller to take them back.

As the seller, I would then look at the returned wheels to make sure that wheels sent back are the wheels I first sent.
He could try and pull a fast one by returning his beat up wheels for the ones you sent.
Luckily, you have pictures of the wheels you sent so that you should easily be able to identify all the wheels sent back to you.

It sucks, but it happens.
A friend of mine regularly sells on ebay, and he gets all sorts of people trying to do all manner of things trying to get something.
Mostly, they are looking for a lower price. I guess they figure since they possess the merchandise, then they are in a position to dictate and control the sale AFTER the sale.

Last thing, it's going to be difficult to get UPS to cover the wheel/s if there is no visible damage to the shipping box/es. If there is no evidence of abuse, then how can they be liable for the condition of the contents?
They really can't. They would have to have seen the condition of the wheels first in order to accept responsibility for something damaged inside of a perfectly good shipping box.
This buyer likely knows this. And, if the box/es are not beat up, then how did the damage in his pics happen?

Good luck. I hope you at least go the money before you sent the wheels. He's got the merchandise, but you've got the money.

Last edited by RPM90; 08-16-2012 at 10:45 PM..
Appreciate 0