fam
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is / #134

Garage List
2013 135is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb135is View Post
Awesome!!! How does the N55 PPK feel compared to your N54?

1:00 tomorrow is pickup time!!!!!!
I haven't really had much chance to push it yet, but as far as acceleration goes I'm not sure there's much if any difference at low speeds...for practical purposes both cars are much faster than anyone would ever need (want is a different story ).

That said, driving on the highway tonight it felt like the 135is had a bit more kick between 50 and 80 mph, which I think is consistent with what others have said about the PPK. Keep in mind I'm also going from the 6-speed step to the 7-speed DCT, so I'm getting the benefit of the better tranny as well. Honestly I never thought the step was all that clunky as far as shifting the paddles, but the DCT is just awesome...every shift feels instant.

Still, I think the exhaust is the part that's induced the most s***-eating grins so far! I kept the stereo off on my ride home and cracked the window so I could hear it rumble at every acceleration...and downshifting as I came to a light has never been something I looked forward to before. If only it wasn't December in Boston...can't wait to roll down the windows this summer.
'04 330ci (retired)
'03 325i (retired)
Appreciate 0