View Single Post
      07-30-2012, 10:22 AM   #18
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

Might be too late but Google shows the quickest way is I-95 but I don't really like I-95. You can add about 90 miles and about an hour by taking I-81 beginning in SC (you take I-26 to Columbia, pick up I-77 to Charlotte and then get on I-81) and continuing all the way to NYC. It would take you out of some of the major east coast cities. I've driven I-81 from Charlotte up most of the way through Virginia and it is much more interesting than I-95, at least to me. You are on an interstate but the interstate is going through the mountains.

Something to consider. Charlotte will be a mess if you do this but after you clear Charlotte your next major city is NYC. Charlotte is not all that bad if you just avoid rush hour. If you decide to go this way, you would be somewhat close to the Osceola Mill, a nice B&B just off the Blue Ridge Parkway and between I-81 and the parkway. I didn't map out where you will be after 12 hours or so driving but if it's in this area it would be a nice place to stop. Their restrauant is great and the owners are very nice.

Jim