10-29-2013, 08:08 PM   #5
MuNkY6913
The Crowing
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.00]
I would pick a few of the places they list to get it repaired and go get a quote from them first. Since the insurance company is doing you a solid and waiving the deductible I wouldn't try to pull one over on them. Shop around after you get the quote see if you can find a bumper that you want already painted and if the price is the same or close tell the insurance company you will be supplying the parts and if they would pay for the labor to the shop and price for parts to you. They might go for that. When I messed up my front end I got a quote and they asked if I wanted the money or to pay the dealer. I could have taken the 6k and got a different bumper and different hood and maybe new fenders for that much used, and paid just a little out of pocket for the paint. But I wanted the warranty that came with the parts and labor. I would say tell the insurance company exactly what you want to do. Sometimes they might work with you since there always trying to fight off people trying to ef them over.

2009 135i : BMS JB4 G5 ISO,CXRacing FMIC Kit,Injen Cold Air Intake,Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe,Walboro Inline Fuel Pump, E85 BMS Backend Flash w/ 60% E85,BMS Meth injection (trunkmount),BMS dual meth nozzles,Spec stage 2+ clutch w/ steel SWFW,BMS Catless Downpipes,Berk Tech Race Axleback
Appreciate 0