08-29-2010, 02:06 PM   #10
timhatimay
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2009 135i  [0.00]
I have these tires for 17's, so presumably even a softer sidewall than would be on 18" wheels, and I don't think I've experienced the results many keep talking about. They are definitely softer on rough roads than my RFT and maybe even the Michelin PS A/S Plus (XL load rating) I had before, but laterally I don't feel a significant difference in flex. In fact when I used the other tires at Auto-x much more of the shoulder was shredded. With the Hankook there is very little wear on the outside shoulders, and I do not feel significant flex. I think the dry grip on these tires is great on the street as well. I wouldn't be surprised if the grip was less than the Max Performance category tires (Direzza, RE11, RS3, etc), but I find the grip on the course to be quite alright. I run about 37F and 39R PSI cold, and most that complained about the tires found them much better while running slightly higher than normal pressures.

I find the grip and feel improvement miles ahead of the stock RFT, the dry grip of the tires to be great, and the complaints to be typically exaggerated. That is just my opinion.

Thanks,

Tim