View Single Post
      09-26-2012, 10:14 AM   #2
firechicken99
Major
Rep
Drives: Black '07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogli882 View Post
I am looking to finalise on a BMW 1M this weekend (UK), its approved used, has very very low mileage and is well specified (with Nav, HK etc). Its in V.O

I have a few questions:

1. Is there anything I should look out for or check in particular?
2. What are your general thoughts on the approved used scheme, would it be right of me to expect good quality paintwork, what are your thoughts on stone chips? I personally am not a fan of touch up pens and expect it to have been painted correctly...but is that too much to ask?
3. General thoughts on ownership & running costs?

Any other advice or information would be much appreciated

Also, I am very tempted to get the wheels painted Titanium Grey or Gun Metal - I think someone from this forum (i saw the pics on PH) has had it done...estimated cost?
1 & 2. I am sure others may jump onto this, but I dont really think so. You could try and inquire with the dealer if they know at all how it was used by the previous owner (track etc.) but I imagine that wouldn't know. Depending on mileage, where drive, etc. (you didn't state how much, just "low") do not be surprised if there are some small rock chips on the rear fender flares and the lower/front part of the doors. Angles facing the front tires are not rock road friendly Again this will be 100% hit or miss depending on the factors mentioned.

3. No. Enjoy the thing! It should still have its factory warranty & maintenance so you should be care free cost wise for the next several years. My M is by far the most enjoyable to drive vehicle I have every owned. Like a beautiful model it puts a huge smile on my face accompanied by an urge to get out and spend more time with her every time I go near it.
Appreciate 0