08-03-2011, 04:13 PM   #22
WULFFZA
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i MSport / 2012 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by b33g33 View Post
Most of us got or are getting our 1Ms at MSRP or below. CA being the exception, but we all know they are "special"

This experience has certainly wised me up on what you have to do to get something with BMW (perhaps they're all the same). Who would have thought that in December, when there was almost zero info out there on this car and the enthusiasts being more informed than the salesman were in most cases, that you needed to place an order all over the country to secure a car.
Heck, we didnt even know what it was going to cost and we gave our deposits and received verbal confirmation that we could get it at sticker (or below in some cases). Now to find out that its not a matter of how soon you got in line, but where you placed your order, is ridiculous and disloyal of BMW. I would understand if the factory was trying to make the super profits that some dealers are getting (salesman at Morristown BMW said he got $90k on Ebay for one...) by creating this demand, but they are not.

Perhaps I need a degree in marketing to understand why this was the right move for them.
Appreciate 0