View Single Post
      03-12-2013, 10:59 PM   #1
jgardner240
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Speed Ventures Buttonwillow Event 2013-03-09

Just wanted to share a couple of pictures and some video of the Speed Ventures event at Buttonwillow from last weekend. This was both my first trackday in my 135i and my first time back on track in ten years!

Bought the car in June of '12; a nicely optioned 2008, Montego Blue 135i with sport and premium packages. Only mods are Dinan Stage II software, Vorshlag camber plates, M3 subframe bushings, M3 CDV and a BMS oil catchcan. Oh, and I ditched the stock wheels for some Kosei K1's (17"x8.5") with 245/40s all the way 'round.

I was able to dial in about 2.25 degree of negative camber with the Vorshlag plates and that, combined with the new subframe bushings made the car an absolute pleasure to drive. Much more front end grip and the rearend is planted and predictable.

Pics:

Look at that body roll! I need to fix that...

Hitting the curbs...

Video of my cleanest laps:

I have to give a big thanks to Harold at HP Autowerks for the parts (and subframe tool rental), Yandy for help with the datalogging setup and int2str for the awesome Dashware gauges!

Can't wait for my next event.

Cheers!

Last edited by jgardner240; 03-12-2013 at 11:22 PM.. Reason: Need to edit those images down to size!!
Appreciate 0