Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_Sobchak View Post
I'm asking for a major increase in one part of the power process deal (added boost from adjusted waste gate/fuel/ignition) while not improving another (physical limitations of the stock intake and exhaust tract). Again, I'm not disparaging the "brand", I'm just learning that the ecu reflash naturally exposes some weak links in the turbo-charged combustion process that I had not anticipated to be so glaring.

From what I have researched, and read up on.... upgrading the stock intake/air box is actually hurting you. Since the 135i can't truly benefit from a real CAI, we are stuck with a type of short ram mixed with racing air scoops.

The stock Air Box is set up for maximum air induction for the engine design. Or you could spend a pretty penny on a Gruppe M intake system. Other than that, the intake system isn't really a stable stand point for any type of arguement.
Sold 2011 BMW 135i - COBB V2 AP / VMR 710's / 4" AR Catless DP / BMS Intake w/ Air Scoops / Eibach Pro Kit / MadDad Street Series Axle Back / ER Charge Pipe / BMS OCC / Vorshlag Camber Plates / Sammich Sticker
Appreciate 0