///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOM View Post
Got my rings in the mail yesterday. I tried installing one today and encountered an issue. The wiring harness that clips into the start button on my 1M is very very short. I can barely remove the button all the way. I am worried that if I unclip it the wire will fall back into the dash never to be seen again, and then I will be left with a very expensive paper weight. Did anyone encounter this issue??
I can see your concerns, but to me it was not an issue. My harness wasn't very long either, but with care you should be fine. If you are still worried, just stuff some bounty paper napkins in the hole once you pull out the harness and that way it'll block it from accidentally falling through (yet it will be soft enough that it won't crimp the wires). The success rate of install on this mod is 100%, so with proper diligence you should be fine.
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0