Redadair
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M #293 - 88 E30 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari4evr1 View Post
Thank you, thank you! I try

Actually, I don't have a 1M but I suppose you can give us insight with your grand expertise behind the wheel of yours? Oh wait, you havent got one yet either.
Who am I? I am like Switzerland here. I am just keeping an open and neutral mind about this car. I dont put it on a pedestal like you do. Nor do I go by magazine articles and not personal experience. Your expert magazine article readings trumps the OP and Dan Parker here.. We get it.
Also, don't worry but YOUR 1M will be perfect Redadair. It will not suffer from exhaust droning, Heat soak or anything else.
BMW is taking extra precautions to make sure your car has no faults whatsoever....
So who are you to tell the OP that his opinions\experience behind the wheel of the 1M has no credibility and means zero? How much time have you spent on a track? How much time have you spent behind the 1M? Oh yeah, ZERO. All your facts are based on magazine articles and a few youtube video's...
At least I own a BMW with the N54 engine. With an JB4 chip. I also live less than 50 miles from the Miller Motorsports track of which both clubs I am a member to SCCA and BMWCCA regularly have open day track events at Miller. I have tracked my 07 335i and my 05 Subaru STi many, many times since 05.

But since you have read this post I am sure you have read my entries about Miller Sportspart track, right.

I have never had the HPFP issue, or limp mode on my car. I have ran at Miller in over 100 degree temps without any limp mode or significant loss of power in either car.

But as you say my cars are perfect.

And your extensive experience is?
August 8th ED (#293 of 739 or 740)
88 E30 M3 100% OEM 73K Miles
02 E39 M5 Le Mans Blue 50K Miles
06 E46 M3 ZCP 58K Miles
Appreciate 0