Thread: squeaking dash
View Single Post
      09-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #5
n54door
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09' 135i 6AT FBO - MHD Tuned

I'm in Plano, TX and had the same issues. I had to find every single creak and rattle by pressing on peices of my dash. The good news is I found them all and have gotten rid of about 90% of the noises.

You won't need to take many panels off to fix it, if it sounds like mine did.

1. Some of the sounds were coming from the a-pillar, where it meets with the dash in the corners. Stuff a good amount of foam in there to act as both a spacer and sound deadener.

2. The majority of the sounds were actually coming from under the front trim piece that runs across the passenger side. Pull it off, and you will see screws under it. The space between the dashboard and screws was making all the noise.

Just loosen the screws a bit, and stuff some foam in between the seems, then tighten it back up. Do it for all four screws. This should help quite a bit!

Gently pry the front trim off from left (steering wheel side) to right. Once you see the exposed area show below, push around these areas and in between them. If they make the slightest noise - there's your problem! Put peices of foam in between the screws or seems, and then put a bit of foam on the back side of the trim piece before you put it back on just to be sure.

Appreciate 0