01-07-2014, 08:20 PM   #2
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeTea View Post
Hi all,

New BMW owner here. I picked up a new 135is on January 2nd. I haven't really had a lot of chance to drive it yet. But one thing I did notice.

The car pulls to the left a little when I brake from time to time. It doesn't seem to be related to how hard I am braking. It kind of have a similar feel to torque steer you get in FWD cars but happening during braking instead of moving from stop. And it doesn't happen every time just sometimes.

Any idea what could be causing this? The car has DCT and Active steering.

I've never driven a car with this big of brakes so I am not sure what to expect.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks!
Congrats on the new car! Any chance you got the cashmere silver one from Crevier?

I'm sure others can chime in on the pulling while braking, but don't think that's normal and you may have a tire or rotor or something a lil loose or the alignment could just be really out of whack. Since it's new, I'd take it in and have it looked at. These darn IS's seem to have a lot of weird lil things happen to them at the port when they their fancy IS stuff put on. While it sucks to have to take it in so early, that doesn't sound good or safe and might lead to other issues if something is wrong with it, so I'd have it looked at ASAP, especially if it's pulling significantly. With the crazy drivers in this city, I wouldn't take any chances.

Pulling aside, congrats again and bet you got a great deal on it, too! We demand pictures!
Appreciate 0