View Single Post
      01-21-2008, 12:41 PM   #32
Twisted
TwistedHouse
Rep
Drives:

Hey all, i know this is odd for an early number of posts on my bit but i've been browsing these forums for a long time a year at least but i thought its time i voice my opinion. (I'm doing this with care and i dont mean to offend anyone)

I'm actually a bit shocked at some of the reviews of the 1er coupe

I'm really sick of tired of people complaining about space and the height problems in the 1 series. Because i'm thinking surely the coupe has the same / similar cabin ads the BMW 1 Series which as been out now... oh wait since 2004? Or have most people forgotten this point.

I've got a friend who is just over the 6ft mark and he has no problems with being a passenger in my vehicle or sitting in the drivers seat. And i mean please its a coupe not a 4 door so can you really expect legroom?

If they want big, buy a 3er coupe or an e90 sedan or hell even a 5 series.

My only contradiction of the 1er coupe (125i, 135i) are the options vs price. I mean here they're bringing out a 125i coupe and if you stock it out with options, you're better off going for a 325i coupe or if you add LITTLE more a 135i coupe. So really the price in comparison to what you're actually getting vs what you want is what's holding me back.

Other than that i think the 135i engine and performance wise, fits into the WRX STI market and the guys in their STI's are going to have something to deal with.

Imho, i'm more confused now than ever reading all of these mixed reviews. I was thinking of sitting in a 3 door 1er hatch but i think personally its best if i wait for a coupe and experience it for myself because sometimes i feel reviewers really dont consider the bigger picture or have never driven a 1er hatch before or don't really care about the points the consumers actually need to hear about.

Just my 2 cents.

By the way i see the glovebox has been redesigned? I"m guessing its still pretty small as it looks smaller....

(My apologies if this is in the wrong section)
Appreciate 0