View Single Post
      07-22-2009, 03:29 AM   #12
Swift135
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 330d, M3 DCT E92

Had the sway bars installed today by Accelerate Automotive at Coopers Plains. Polite staff and a clean modern workshop and they seem to know their stuff.
Now to the car; fist thing I felt was the steering, much more responsive, like the rack ratio has been stepped up by 10-15%. Fast corners can by steered through more accurately with less need for mid corner corrections. On sharper turns the car bites in and follows your intended line, in one corner I attack daily on the way home much less wheel input was needed to keep my line, normally a little extra input was required to counteract the understeer but today the same style definitely reduced the radius of the turn but no hint on oversteer. I will push it a little harder in a quieter area over the next few days to see what gives first, with 30km today the car seems perfectly balanced. Another thing I noticed in the first few corners was that the seat bolsters really pushed hard into me, insted of the lateral energy being lost to body roll now the seats become more important. Definately worth the $1200 for the bars and the fitting. Thanks again to Andrew and Accelerate.