View Single Post
      06-27-2014, 01:51 PM   #1
Fille
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 520d -15

BMW-drivers most dangerous drivers according to study in Sweden

The Swedish insurance company Folksam have gathered information on which car brand is the most prone to single-car accidents from 56000 accidents 2003 and onward.

They found that BMW drivers are 10 times more likely to have a single-car accident than a Toyota driver and twice more likely than the average car and by far the worst of all drivers.

I will attach an image of the chart in question and also one chart that takes the car brands sport models (the more powerful ones, not only M-cars) into consideration.

My point of this thread is to simply have a discussion as to how/why, even though you do not live here I still think you can somewhat relate, which is why I post this here aswell as other forums.

My personal belief is that many young people with a new license (18+) want to have fun behind the wheel. So they buy cheap E36 or E46, many without DSC and just hoon about.

I think if the study would also consider the season of the year they would probably find that most BMW's actually crash in the winter, just because of the young people outside drifting in the snow (very common sight in the winter in Sweden, and probably other places in the world with snow)

"Genomsnitt" is the average driver.