View Single Post
      03-09-2011, 07:51 PM   #1
bluesunit
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: D-Stock 135i

2011 Autocross Season - Event 3: Revenge of the Plow

Top 4 guys are national level competitors in fully prepped cars.

Course: We got bumped from our usual lot and had to set up a course on the fly . . . ended up being quite tight and technical. Lots of sand/dirt/standing water on the course that we had to work around. Temps in lower 60's on Sunday.

Car: 135i. 245 R6s on stock size Breytons. Free front camber mod plus Hotchkis front sway. Otherwise, stock. 40 pounds front/44 pounds back.

Notes:
-First event with a functioning eLSD plus slicks (previously wasn't working due to broken steering angle sensor). Car definitely hooks up better . . . I'd get a few feet of tire spin, then WARP DRIVE ACTIVE!

-First two runs were a clear case of not using enough right foot (ie, wasn't driving fast enough). Chalked up my best time on my 3rd run. After that, any attempts to go faster were rewarded with debilitating on-throttle understeer. Culminating in this:

Wish they had one of my fast runs recorded. Not shown: having to drive over the grass dividers to dislodge the cone.

-Had several people ask me if I hit the cone on purpose, or it I was trying to avoid the water. I was actually trying to jab the brakes and rock the wheel, in attempt to juke around the cone in the box. Couldn't quite make it happen on that run.

-Need some suspension love, stat. Front stiffness needs to go up, bad. Also, notice how the car hops sideways when entering the slalom . . . odd.
Appreciate 0