02-05-2013, 06:07 PM   #13
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
I want a regular M2, no special models that will cost an unreasonable amount for accessories with a target weight of at least a couple hundred lbs less than the F82. Since it will be turbocharged, even if they offer a higher output version there will be aftermarket software to counter paying BMW directly for said upgraded software.

This is what I'd want in my M2: comfort access, sport seats, haven't decided on transmission, AHLs, performance exhaust, Logic 7. Since that doesn't really fit in the motto of a CSL variant, no I wouldn't want one. It'd be cool to look at but this car would be a weekender, not a track warrior if I were to get one down the road. I want the car to feel more nimble than my 1, while retaining some semblance of modern tech.

The CSL variant of the M3 was never the one I wanted, I will admit it's gorgeous but I wouldn't be able to live with it. I want the e46M3 GTR. But since a high output version of the engine would be possible with software (unless they put out a whole new higher displacement engine) then the regular M2 is all I am currently looking forward to seeing.
+ 1

I like the idea of the CSL too but since the car is my daily, I love having all the luxuries. Until I have more space I'm limited to 1 car and 1 bike for now.

For this reason I loaded up my 135i up with every option I could, because for me it's the small things like Comfort Access, heated seats, Pro Nav etc that make the driving experience all that better when you're foot isn't flat on the accelerator.

I think if BMW follow the tradition of making everything better by at least 20% it will hold it's own.

Engine:
I would like to see the M2 have it's own specific engine, different to that of the rest of the 1/2 series range. It needs to have more displacement and/or more turbos. At the moment the only thing separating the 1M and the 135i is a tune. Having said that, there is so much more to an M car.

Carbon Fiber Roof:
I would also like to see the option for a CF roof, I know it sheds a lot of weight from the highest point of the car but they look badass too.

M Seats:
I'd like to see M specific seats similar to that of the M3, something that separates it from the rest of the line-up.

Transmission:
I'd love to see a DCT option as much as the purists might disagree. I would have upgraded to a 1M if the DCT was available. As fun as a MT is to drive, it's not ideal for my situation being a daily driver and having to drive in the city everyday. Also, the DCT is faster than me at the track and would never let me down.

Weight:
If the weight could be dropped, even if by 100 pounds, I'd be a happy man. It would be awesome to see the weight around 3000 pounds
Appreciate 0