View Single Post
      10-18-2013, 08:41 PM   #11
Lubo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 15 335 iX

I would research those Rivals a little bit more. Initial tests were excellent and I almost bought them myself, but had to go different route as they were back order in April and I needed tires badly.

From what I have gather attending events this year people praised from beginning but they do not last they cord very fast especially on heavy and camber challenged cars like 1er. I've seen chunks coming off on cars with as little as 3 track days on them.

Similar situation with the Star Spec ZII. They are faster and more responsive than the original star spec but they wear out nearly 1.5x as fast. On numerous occasion I've heard "if I could get the star spec I would get those over ZII" Z1 would heat cycle out before running out of tread vs. ZII being able to be run to cords but at much faster pace.

The best choice when it comes to trackable street tires still seems to be RS-3. Their sidewall is on the softer side compared to other dual purpose tires but they have been proven reliable, fast and they do last.
Appreciate 0