View Single Post
      07-05-2007, 09:10 AM   #18
IrvRobinson2
Banned
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUKnight View Post
I'm planning on doing European Delivery with my 1 series when I order it. Generally speaking the ED MSRP is 7% less then dealers MSRP but their is still wiggle room below that listed European Delivery price. Typically you can negotiate another 3-5% off of that price.

Shipping is esentially free as it's included in the destination cost of the car, BMW provides 2 weeks of insurnace for free and more can be purchased if you plan on staying in Europe longer. I plan on picking my car up in Munich and driving to Venice then on to Milan and possibly Monaco. ED is something I've always dreamed of doing as I happen to think it'd be a really memorable way to see Europe.

There are some downsides, Gas in Europe is very expensive (7-8 US dollars per gallon) and like someone else mentioned some countries require you to buy toll passes or have an international drivers license. The other downside is how do you resist not checking the top speed of your new BMW on the autobahn =)
Mike
true about the toll passes, but they're not expensive at all, and you don't need an international driver license, the US one is just fine in all the countries.
Appreciate 0