PC Valkyrie
Very slow driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3 & 135i & C55 AMG & 911 GT3

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
2005 C55 AMG  [0.00]
The best car I have ever owned (and still own) is my C55 AMG. It was my first true "performance" car, and it totally turned me from a mild car enthusiast to a major performance car enthusiast. It's almost as fast as the E46 M3 on a track (really a driver's race), yet it is slightly more comfortable and had better in-gear acceleration for the streets. Basically, it has 95% of the handling, and 105% of the acceleration of an E46 M3, but it came with 4 doors.

The C55 did (and still does) everything for me. It was my daily driver to go to work (even through the winter), it was my family car to carry my 2 kids and wife, and it was my part time track car. I became interested in tracking/lapping after I tried it in my C55 3 years ago and I've been hooked ever since.

In fact, one of the major reasons I got a 135i was to spare the C55 the abuse it was getting during the winter and on track days. The C55 is now over 4 years old, and I plan to keep it a LONG time. Sure, the new C63 and E90 M3 perform better in every way, but the C55 still brings a huge smile and sense of satisfaction everytime I drive it. Now, the 135i has become my daily winter car, and part time summer track car......the bimmer gets all the abuse so the C55 can be babied and driven in better weather. Having said that, I'm still thinking about taking the C55 to another track day......I actually miss lapping in it, as I can't really take advantage of its performance capabilties on the streets.

Oh, and the sound/feeling of that AMG naturally aspirated 5.4L V8 at full throttle totally blows away the sound my 135i makes.......

Some pics of my C55 are in my "BMW garage" here on this forum.