View Single Post
      08-19-2011, 02:47 PM   #25
cipher5
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Donington Grey X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTHAUS View Post
Meisterschaft is constructed of T304 POSCO Stainless Steel - the top of the line SUS Material.
Regarding R & D, final product has already been Fluid Flow-meter tested and Kiva thermodynamics flow calculated. Several Independent 4wheel chassis Dynamometer tests are in progress, results will be reported to us shortly.

Unlike others, Meisterschaft exhaust unit utilizes the largest piping in industry, single 76mm inlet pipe (3inch) into dual branch 66mm piping (2.6 inch) connected to quad 63mm (2.5inch) neck connections. Perfect – individual mandrel bent pipes (with plasma cutting/precision laser welding) have been used. This unit will deliver the absolute best sounding with the most power (HP/TQ) gain for your 1M (E82) coupe.

Fit and finish is also perfect. Installation Fitment is flawless. The tips accurately line up evenly with bumper line, 4x83mm dual layer (with Bernoulli’s aero split tip design implemented). The exhaust system itself actually fits better than the stock exhaust unit.

And here is the requested weight info:

Front Section (Bolt on) OE system weighs 27.5 LBS
Meisterschaft Resonated Mid (SUS): 23.5 LBS
Meisterschaft Non-resonated Mid (SUS): 20.5 LBS
Meisterschaft Resonated Mid (Ti): 14.3 LBS
Meisterschaft Non-resonated Mid (Ti): 9.7 LBS

Rear Section (Bolt on: Including the connecting pipe section)
OE system weighs: 26 LBS
Meisterschaft Super GT (SUS): 21 LBS
Meisterschaft Super GT (SUS) without the connecting pipe (rear axle back alone): 16 LBS
Meisterschaft Super GT (Ti): 12.5 LBS
Meisterschaft Super GT (Ti) without the connecting pipe (rear axle back alone): 9.0 LBS

Interested to know what other brands are claiming on the weights of their exhaust systems
since the stock OE units are pretty light to begin with (26.0 LBS + 27.5 LBS = 53.5 LBS).
Could you enlighten me on what "Kiva thermodynamics flow" exactly is? Because as far as I can research such a thing doesn't exist.

Fluid flowmeter calibration is fine and all if you're testing a piping system for liquid flow i.e. oil, water, etc etc. Not the same for testing gasses/exhaust flow so not sure what you are testing here either.

"Several independent 4wheel chassis dynamometer tests" - Hey its cool if you're throwing a 1M on SEVERAL AWD dynos, but that thing is RWD, the type of dyno won't matter, the brand of dyno will. No need to add fluff words to your post.

To the last bolded statement, how are you going to challenge the OEM exhaust fitment? Are you telling BMW that they fitted their exhaust incorrectly to the vehicle? I am 100% confident that BMW did extensive research, design and development of many of the components of the 1M, including the exhaust. I'm sure others can make a more free flowing exhaust, a better sounding exhaust, a better looking exhaust, but a better FITTING exhaust is a little perplexing.

Where are the pics of this supposed R&D? Pictures of the CAD designs? Pics of your manufacturing process? Are these exhausts manufactured to ISO 9001 standards? How many prototypes were made before reaching the final product? Like I said, anyone can bend and weld pipe, to make a quality product that has been put through extensive design and testing is another. Adding a lot of BS tests and fluff words is insulting if you think we can be fooled by that.
Appreciate 0