Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 130i coupé ;)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava111 View Post
Andrey What do you think of the intake system Simota CBII (CB2) Carbon Fiber Intake System (CBII-914)?

Barring rasschet money! Andrew what would you advise me to choose? Yet inlet injen or still do as you only replace the filter? I'm just trying not to hurt the motor and get the maximum gain and the sound of the horses! Thanks for the tip!
Simota CBII is the same as Ingen, same idea, but cheaper ( it has no metal pipe to throttle body.

I think Ingen has an oiled filter, so you will need to clean it and spray new oil. this is the same as any K&N filter, or oiled aFe. With any oiled filters it is recommended to buy cleaner for electronics contacts, also sold as MAF cleaner ( look here for example Link to MAF cleaner )

If you cannot find this spray where you live, I dont recommend you buy anything with an oiled filter. In that case you must select Dry filter. I hope Ingen sells one too.

For maximum sound and maybe the best performance in the perfect weather: Ingen, do not recommend Simota CBII, its too small of a solution ( just a filter)

For performance in hot weather and city traffic, people recommend closed box intake so that you dont breathe hot air. You are lucky to have 125i in Europe, your original airbox is already have the system that is alot like aFe Magnum Si

So if money is not important, in this order:
1) get a chip tune for your 125i to make it close to 130i power, cost will be close to $1000 ( no intake system will do this much horsepower)
2) buy complete BMW performance 125i/130i ($700), Simota for 130i ($750) (Link Simota)
3) Cyba scoops for extra 2 horespower

If money is important but you want the best sound & to copy Simota for 130i,
1) Buy a filter from K&N Part# E-2022 ($50 , but only if you can find electronics cleaner), if you cant find cleaner, buy BMW performance Filter 13710445636 ( $100+) or AFe dry Part # 11-10111 ($70)
2) please cut: http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php...b0e4ea9fb977dc
3) Cyba scoops for extra 2 horespower

Just changing filter can be enough, and you should start here before you cut your air box.

Good luck. I am repeating my self too much
Believe me, I thought about every option possible and learned that there is not much difference except the price and how pretty it looks

"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is

Last edited by andrey_gta; 02-10-2013 at 09:13 PM..
Appreciate 0