06-15-2010, 07:16 PM   #19
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMR013 View Post
Face it Addicts, we live in a new world CAFE and CO2 standards. Even Ferrari is talking sub v8 engines.
It's going to get very expensive to maintain our way of life.

I'd agree with you if it weren't for the fact that BMW is cranking out 450Hp, 5000lb SAVs left and right that get 13MPG.

BMW's current management has their heads up their asses. The fleet average wouldn't suck if it weren't for all the pigs they've introduced over the last couple of years.

They've lost the plot as far as I'm concerned. The company that used to build the "Ultimate Driving Machine" has turned into the "Ultimate Image Machine".

People "in the know" used to buy BMWs because of the way they handled and performed. Even the larger cars were special in their class. The general public didn't really understand all that, but they wanted to look like they did, so they followed along and that allowed BMW to continue building great driving cars for enthusiasts.

Now, they're abandoning the true performance enthusiast more and more with every generation, and catering more and more to the people who are just looking for brand cache'. It's getting to the point where it's hard for even long term, loyal enthusiasts to carry the torch without looking foolish, and they're moving on.

Eventually they're going to be left with nothing but the people who want the image.
Appreciate 0