Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 135i M Sport 6MT, 15 X3 35i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRYA View Post
I let my rear pad countdown get to 0 and did the pads this weekend without changing the sensor but cannot reset the interval. I hold the reset button but ultimately it returns to the rear pad warning saying "0", but, contrary to others, I do not believe I triggered the sensor because I don't think I have the permanent amber warning. I just get a red "service due" at startup. What's up with that? I don't really want to have to tear apart the brake again to replace the sensor.
Assuming that the sensors are fine, you'll probably need to disconnect then reconnect them to trick the car into thinking they were replaced. I've yet to do a brake job on a bimmer due to mileage, so I've never had to confirm this myself, just an educated guess.

If this doesn't work, the old trick is to cut the sensor off (since it's just a piece of metal that will wear down, when its worn to a certain point, the connection breaks meaning no electricity flows through the sensor). Remove some of the sheathing and connect the two wires together, then solder them/heat shrink over to prevent the elements from getting to em. There will be a DIY either here or on E90 post.

The alternate approach would be through coding, see the below threads, PM me if you need help with this route.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=804981 --> they use more values than are needed here. Could probably just go br_v;100;02 / br_h;100;02 (assuming this is your second service, hence 02, see the DIY below)

and

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1312512 --> similar procedure, see post #5 for the value needed.

Appreciate 0