11-26-2010, 05:33 PM   #4
soupy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkbig View Post
Yea I plan on keeping it.. will it really make a difference to make the break-in oil change?

I think first oil change is scheduled to 15k kilometers.

Do it myself? Is it that easy?

* OH and btw, how do you keep your coral leather seats clean? I'm looking for a cleaner that will not change the color nor shine the leather..
The break-in oil change topic has been exhaustively covered on the forum. Take a peak in the Maintenance sub-forum and just run a quick search. You won't really know whether it's worth it unless you run regular oil analysis tests at a lab such as Blackstone. The peace of mind however is probably worth the price admission imo.

There's a very good DIY guide on our DIY section on how to do an oil change, complete with a youtube video. If you've ever done an oil change by yourself on any other car, doing it on the 1er will be even easier. The only catch is that we got unique jackpoints that need a jack adapter or just use ramps.

Take a look at our detailing sponsors such as DetailersDomain and DetailedImage for their products. If you'd like something off-the-shelf, I like Lexol and find it works just fine on our leather.

Alpine White, Coral Red Leather, Sport Package, 6MT
Appreciate 0