GaryS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 6MT

Garage List
2009 135i  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelblue View Post
Gary, 128's are raced in continental tire series. also any car that's going to compete in any serious fashion would need many modifications and cooling upgrades so saying our cars in stock form are not made for serious competition could also apply to any car in stock form. right?
I'm talking about the limp mode, "engine output was temporarily reduced (measure for preventing possible overheating of brakes)". As discussed earlier, cooling will not help. It's based on the ECU guessing how hot your pads must be based on your speed and pedal pressure and a max allowable temperature around 1110 degrees. My pads can handle 500 degrees more than that. PFC pads can handle 900 degrees more. But BMW will not allow it. No one here has heard of another car besides current BMWs that does that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
If you were really going to race these cars, couldn't you just pull the DSC module entirely?
That's similar to what I was looking into in post 21. You can disable the DSC/ABS in E36 and E46, but (1) we don't know if it works in E82 without causing anything else to fail, and (2) we don't know if that disables the 1100 degree brakes limp.

If I can confirm that we can disable DSC/ABS without hurting anything else, I'll try it. But good luck getting any info on that out of BMW.
Appreciate 0