11-16-2017, 07:21 PM   #9
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayao View Post
Creature comforts are relatively unimportant to me but I'm just wondering about the fun-to-drive factor and driving dynamics. Anyway, I suppose this thread is about the M2 ...
I don't find my Golf R to be all that much "fun" to drive. It certainly made me feel very confident in snow, with good snow tires, last winter. It has more than enough power and you can pass nearly any car you would want to pass, however the acceleration has a "clinical" feel to it, rather than giving you a "rush," which is what I get in my BMWs and in my 911/996TT. It corners well, but again I don't get a rush from it like I do with my other cars. It's a very competent car, overall, but maybe a little bit boring for what it is. The electric steering is OK, as is the MT, no better than that on either.

The R can be relatively easily modded, but the downside of that is that the built in major systems such as the brakes and the clutch/transmission wear out very quickly and need to be replaced, if you put any more stress on them than the car in stock form does, per many VW forum threads I have read/endured.
Appreciate 0