View Single Post
      02-12-2013, 06:21 PM   #17
msf
Keep the shiny side up.
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is

Shop around. You can negotiate over the phone if you are going to place an order and save a wasted trip to a dealer that wants to over charge. Call around and ask if they will sell you a car for $500 over invoice, and ask about prep fee, doc fee, and any other fees that they will add, and then go build your car. Check incentive programs for any special offers. The BMW lists these under Sales and Programs. This can save you some money if you qualify. Negotiate your final price before adding any program incentives to reduce your price. This keeps it simple and fair. Spec the car on the BMW site, then go to Edmund's and get total invoice when you are ready to sit down and finalize the deal. Have it all printed out so you do not get confused. Maco and Training will not show on Edmund's pricing. Generally, $300 + $180. These are BMW fees and are added to dealer invoice. This is a BMW fee, not a dealer fee, just like any other option. After invoice, most dealers will usually charge a prep fee. $130 is reasonable on the 135i. You will pay tax, registration, and doc fees. Doc fees of $299 are reasonable. Watch out for other fees. Some dealers will try to pad the price with all kinds of stuff, so buyer beware. I just bought a 2013 X3 at $500 over invoice and $165 prep. I just ordered a 2013 135is at $500 over invoice and $130 prep. A good dealer will show you their invoice fees so you can compare everything. Cash or financing should not change the deal. Watch trade in. They will burn you a new one there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovsks View Post
I want to purchase a BMW 135i coupe. What is the most effective way to go about negotiating a deal? How can I get the car as close to invoice pricing as possible. I would prefer not financing and definitely not leasing. Will paying with cash affect a deal in a positive way?

The MSRP as configured on bmwusa: $44,395

Any advice/pointers would be a nice aid in this buying quest.

Last edited by msf; 02-12-2013 at 06:54 PM..
Appreciate 0