02-17-2011, 06:02 AM   #13
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDM68 View Post
Theres a really great museum up in Koblenz that has allot of WW2 etc... memorbilia in it. It is like 4 floors of everything from small arms, Stg 44's to mp 9's, to tanks, Jagerpanther and T-55 cut away etc. It's also just down the road from the Remagen Bridge. Went to Dachau last summer when my father-inlaw visited. That was quit an experience.

Well... FDM68 came thru and sent me a PM about the museum he described above. Here is a link incase anyone would like to visit the museum. Sounds like a cool place. It is quite close to the 'Ring.

Bundesamt für Wehrtechnik und Beschaffung
Ferdinand-Sauerbruch-Straße 1
56073 Koblenz

http://www.bwb.org/portal/a/bwb/kcxm...RS82XzIxX0lSVA!!

Btw.... from a good friend of mine's auto travel (book in the works)...

the museum at Koblenz is high above where the Rhine and Mosel meet... from my book....

Remagen is, of course, important as the birthplace of Caracciola.

Wehrtechnik Museum
Mayener Straße 127. Displays include a fully restored and operational PzKpfw V Panther used to bear the coffin of a Bundeswehr General in 1984, and a Sturmtiger / Tiger-Morser 38cm RW61 mounted on a Sturmmorser Tiger tank.

Landmuseum Koblenz
Festung Ehrenbreitstein. Located in the Ehrenbreitstein fortress high over the Rhine, the collection here includes an example of Otto’s four stroke engine, invented in Cologne. There is also information on August Horch, creator of Horch and Audi cars, who was born in nearby Winningen.
During the 30 Year’s War (1618-1648), Prinz Bartolomeo Caracciolo commanded the Ehrenbreitstein fortress above Koblenz. Later descendents settled in Niederberg, Andernach and Remagen, the name changing from Caracciolo to Caracciola. A descendent, Rudi Caracciola became perhaps the greatest German driver of all time, though it is hard to compare him with Schumacher.

Dackel

NOTE: The correct address for the Bundeswehr's Museum is:

WTS Museum

aka the Bundeswehr’s Military Museum.

WehrTechnische StudienSammlung (WTS)
Mayener Strasse 85-87
56070 Koblenz
Germany

0261.4001423 tel
0261.4001424 fax

Email: WTS@bundeswehr.org

www.bwb.org/organisation/wts/index

or

http://www.bwb.org/portal/a/bwb/kcxm...RS82XzIxX0lOUg!!

Last edited by Dackelone; 03-06-2011 at 03:02 PM..
Appreciate 0