12-12-2011, 08:08 PM   #4
///BYU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by einserM View Post
What winter tires are you guys running on the 1M?

I'm only finding the Pirelli Winter 270 Sottozero Serie II. Any other recommendations?
Tons of info here - http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533397 - which I'm guessing you've already read through.

I've checked with Pirelli North America and Tire Rack and the front tires in the Pirelli Winter 270 Sottozero Serie II (245/35R19) are not available in the US at this time.

Several weeks ago, the estimated availability on Tire Rack was 1/31, then it changed to 2/20 and within the past couple of days it changed to "Special Order" (link to Tire Rack site here). I emailed Ben from Tire Rack to see if that meant these tires could be ordered now and he said "The special order just means that they are not giving us any date at all now".

I went with Blizzak LM-60s. 235/35R19 Front; 255/35R19 Rear. Getting them installed at a tire shop a few miles from the Performance Center in South Carolina the day I pick up my 1M (12/19). Though I expect it's too late for most people to be helpful, I'll let everyone know if the rear tires look too stretched on the OE wheels.

It's not exactly what I wanted (was hoping for something sportier and in the OE size, since I mostly plan to drive in dry, but very cold, conditions; not snow or ice). But after a lot of research it seemed the best way to go for my budget and the climate here in the freezing cold upper Midwest.
Appreciate 0