View Single Post
      02-09-2010, 11:00 PM   #1
bueller
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 EB F31 2018 LG F80

Garage List
Dealer Service in Toronto that does not suck?

I just got back from spending a day trying to get warrantee issues dealt with at BMW Toronto. I am pretty sure I won't be returning. It was pretty simple, my drivers side seat belt does not retract. On the up side it gives the car a 4 point harness racing feel, on the down side if you forget to tuck it in beside the seat, the door closes on it. There were a couple of other things wrong, the ipod adapter thing only worked in mono, and the little tab on the cup holder flew out and hit me in the forehead on the 4th day I had the car. I also mentioned the ticking / valve noise the engine makes when cold.

I called the dealership last week and explained what my issues were, and that I lived two hours away, and I would really appreciate a loaner car, they said fine. I arrived on time for my appointment. I know they wash cars there, so I asked the service person if the wash had brushes, she said, that it was a no touch wash, cause if it was a brush wash, I was not interested and I would rather they did not bother. I figured an oil change was not a bad idea, maybe it would address the ticking issue.

So, drop the car off at 10, by 10:45 I was in line for my loaner car listening to the banker / lawyer dude in front of me asking all kinds of idiotic questions about tickets and the 407 and what color is the sky, like STF up already… Anyway I'm next in line and the rental guy says, hmm we are out of cars, we are getting some more in shortly, mmkay so no car for me, as I have an appointment in 15 minutes, and I doubt Mr Mackey can pull anything together in a reasonable amount of time, so today TTC does not mean Take The Car.

So they call me at 3:30 to tell me that the seat belts are not in stock, but they were able to find a new cable in the 4 hours they had the car. I returned to find my front license plate bent like a taco, from the touchless car wash, the one with the brushes. I took my cupholder to the parts guy, and to his credit they did not have another in stock, so he gave me one out of the demo.

Basically the message I get from this dealership is that my time is not all that important to them, my arrival and issues seemed to be a surprise, …who are you? …why are you here? …what do you need? …ohhh, hmmm lets see, no we can't do that today, come back tomorrow.

Has anyone had good experiences with dealers in or around Toronto that are not ass hats? Durham is closer to me, what about them? Any input would be appreciated.

B
Appreciate 0