09-29-2011, 12:06 PM   #68
1Fasst1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 135i, Jet Black 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by icabod7 View Post
Did you just ignore my above post? I'm asking if Cobb works with a car that has been flashed with the PPK. It's a specific question (not necessarily to you) that requires no analogies. So please no more examples, everyone gets what you're saying.
In talking to Cobb the answer is yes, Cobb will work on a car that has been flashed with the PPK software. However your car will be running on the perimenters set in the Cobb tune, not the PPK tune. When installing the Cobb you will be prompted to save the stock DME data. If you say yes your stock PPK flash will be saved and that will be the configuration of your DME if you uninstall Cobb. Always uninstall Cobb before taking your car to the dealer for service or some other problem.Most third party software change the performance data such as fuel mapping, timing ,boost, ect and keep many of the BMW engine safety features. Ckeck with Cobb as the are very helpful and would let you know what would be overwritten and what features would be retained.
Appreciate 0