View Single Post
      11-21-2011, 04:52 PM   #4
Amnizu
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 502 of 740

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcut1 View Post
Would this dealership be considered a pig getting fat off a markup, or a hog by being unethical?

I had a deposit on a 1M since last October (before they claimed to even had a list) but when I called to find out what was happening with the car, they told me their allocations were gone.

They refunded my deposit telling me it would be impossible to get me a car. I subsequently placed an order with a different dealer for MSRP plus $3500.

I found out 2 days ago through this forum that they suddenly had an available 1M and called one of their other customers out of the blue, asking him if he wanted the car (for a premium).

My objections are obvious:
1) They did not provide me with an allocation even though they had my money.
2) They knew it would cost me an additional $3500 to get a car, even when they had a remedy to correct their "mistake", since I have not yet received (or paid for) my car.

I know there are many people who would like the opportunity to own a 1M at $3500 over, but there are probably just as many who feel that the dealership should have made good on their "mistake" which cost me an additional $3500.

Are they just getting fat using good business practices, or have they operated unethically and deserve worse criticism than other dealers?
Thoughts???
If I'm being honest you really don't have much of a leg to stand on here.

For starters, you had a deposit on the next available build queue if one came available, not the next available car. I strongly doubt they guaranteed you a build queue. Also, you have no way to know if there was anyone else ahead of you on that list. Then they refunded your deposit, essentially sending you out of line.

Also, you have no idea how this car became available. Maybe someone backed out? Maybe it was traded from another dealer?

Also, you have no idea where you were on the list, maybe the "out of blue" call was to someone who contacted them before you did?
Appreciate 0