09-28-2011, 12:03 PM   #6
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
In speaking with my dealership, it seems that my allocation got approved and is beginning production except for some unfortunate news that...

1) The allocation is in the dealership owner's name.
2) It's not spec'd at all like I requested.
3) I'll may have to entertain a bidding war once it gets in.

The only thing I can say to my SA's credit is that he's been very upfront with me every step of the way. No promises were made or broken.

Thinking further... If I somehow get the rug pulled out from under me, I may entertain a chance to start over with a 2012 M3 E92 6MT without navi, competition package, and sunroof.

My fully-loaded E90 right now has proven to be a bit more than I want or need. Too many doors. Suspension I never adjust. Boring DCT. A sunroof I never use. And a highly distracting onboard screen. Fat, fat, fat.

What would you do if your chance at a 1M was taken away?
You know, if the boat sank and I would not have been able to get a 1M, I would've gotten an E90 M3 Sedan with no sunroof, no options except maybe Competition Package. I like the look of the sedan a bit more than the coupe and I found something interesting about it when I visited the M Design Center.....the Sedan handles better than the Coupe. They don't know why but it does. Somehow the length, balance who knows but the word is that the sedan handled better than the coupe. Too bad you have DCT, that kills it because you might have been able to work with the suspension. It's probably too late to special order M3 sedan but there might be a dealer left with an allocation to special order or go with coupe, just get rid of Auto gearbox.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0