07-07-2013, 09:31 PM   #41
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longwong View Post
I never have driven one? I owned one for 4 months along side my m3 but was not a car I personally enjoyed and sold it for a bit more than I paid for it so jumped at that chance. When I woke up each day I found myself wanting to take my m3 and after a few months it made no sense to keep both and sold while I could not only get my money but make a bit as well. Great car but hardly something I have ever seen someone really get excited about.
Longwong, you seem to have the car you liked more and you enjoy it. Exactly like most of us here So, good for you and congrats but I hardly see the point you are making in relevance to the thread topic we are discussing, which is 1M vs. M2.

Now, having said that, if you think that a V8 M3 that you proudly own is "interesting" from a technical point of view but a 1M is not/nyet/nada, I would then remind you that the main technical difference between these two cars, namely the S65 engine did not fall from heaven, the technology was there, applied on another BMW already, as we all know, it is essentially a minus 2 cylinder version of the S85 of E60 M5. Does this fact make the S65 or the M3 carrying that engine "uninteresting" or dull because that was not really a novelty? We are not talking about Ferraris of old times here, these are mainstream performance cars and even a Pagani carries a Mercedes engine, either Zonda or Huayra, I find them very much interesting technical or otherwise.

By the way, I like M3s, who doesn't after all? Proof? Look around, even in Chile, they are in every second corner and you need to look closely to spot that it indeed is a M3 since from a distance, kind of hard to tell. In my case, if BMW wouldn't make the 1M I would have one too, again, why not, everybody else does it?, and would just try to ignore its size and weight and a few other minor stuff I am not crazy about, and instead I would concentrate in all the good things (and they are plenty, sounds good for instance etc.) it makes in such a sublime way.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.

Last edited by ozinaldo; 07-07-2013 at 09:38 PM..
Appreciate 0