View Single Post
      05-25-2011, 06:37 PM   #52
pyrat
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift@red View Post
My point wasnt trying to prove anything, but in how confident I am based on what I know that the cayman S/R or boxster spyder will continue to reign supreme as the best driver's car and the best handling cars.
Note that I have not said the 1M is a bad car...i dont think it is. Its not my favorite ride...still prefer the m3 to one...but I can comment later when I have more seat time than I have in one. Ill def be able to beat the shit out of one pretty soon and will punish it from every aspect.
I have owned my fair share of Porsche and M products (and BMW products in general) and think they both make a great car...some of the the best out the bar none, but I just think Porsche does it better (than everyone).

Thats weird because no other review has said that are in the same league. The 1M will excel at being more practical, whereas a Cayman will excel when it comes to fun factor, feel & precision, track ability, performance, etc.
They really arent in the same league. Even on worse tires, the Cayman R's performance proves superior in all aspects.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=526751
Your link shows Cayman R inferior to Audi RS3, good point.

JOY is being offered in manual transmission and RWD.
Appreciate 0