View Single Post
      06-14-2010, 04:48 AM   #24
Top Gon
Bashar
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW Z4 M40i

I went to the same event as the OP in Berkeley. Traffic was pretty bad at the time I was test driving too. I signed up for the 335 vs IS350 because I thought the 335 would be closest to the 135i (which I plan to get soon) but I still got a presentation on the 5. Mainly about it's interior which I thought was pretty neat.

Drove the IS350 first and it was sort of similar in feel to my moms v6 camry SE

Then came back for the 335 only to learn it would be a 335d. While it would've been nice to drive. I doubt it would be anything like 135i since it's a completely different motor. I explained to the representatives about my intent and they gave me a 135i from their used inventory to try out.

I have to say for my first time driving the car and for it being in traffic mostly I loved it. I loved how responsive the Step. was. Click and ur in gear immediately.

I noticed something though. When I accelerate from a stop sign/light. There wasn't really gradual acceleration as I wanted. It was more of a kick in the a$$ lol. It felt like there was some sort of accelerator pedal lag. Is this normal or was I just being too aggressive with the gas?
Appreciate 0