01-18-2012, 03:40 PM   #1
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Hidden gems in the 1M (tips & tricks)

-cj- wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by -cj- View Post
Are there any other hidden gems I don't know about? I always seem to discover something new about this car daily... Although I suspect in this case, I'm learning something new about a 135i
Hence, I start a separate thread dealing with this topic: small practical things you will not find in the 1M manual.

Some features I discovered only after the first days had passed:
  • a small deep rectangular storage pocket covered in black rubber, next to the steering column (left side); sunglasses almost fully fit in it; don't try credit cards though, because it's a bit tight to reach for the end of the pocket;
  • the interior part of the center console features a credit card or parking card holder;
  • the black map with car manual, cards, info, etc. perfectly fits vertically on the left hand side of the battery under the boot-cover inside the boot (discreetly stowed in a steady way + no loss of space inside the glove box);
  • a small scarf + small helmet can be decently stowed on the right hand side of the boot (eventually additionally fastened to the optional net): softly floating on the scarf and against the net in fast corners.
  • activating the steering wheel lock already before getting out of the 1M: after having pushed the stop button, open the driver's door and then push the stop button again; subsequently you'll hear the typical "schlack" sound and the dashboard fully switches off; why practical? well, you can now pull at the locked steering wheel to ease yourself out of the car (oh lazy me)

"Cubby" pocket left of steering-wheel:
Name:  Cubby.jpg
Views: 11859
Size:  54.6 KB

Card holder in center console:
Name:  CardHolder.jpg
Views: 10219
Size:  52.0 KB

///M Map under the boot-cover (without valuable identification docs thieves are looking for, of course ):
Name:  Map_Boot.jpg
Views: 5376
Size:  63.0 KB

Scarf + helmet:
Name:  12V_Boot.jpg
Views: 11857
Size:  62.3 KB
Name:  12V_Boot2.jpg
Views: 9471
Size:  60.0 KB

Last edited by Artemis; 09-24-2014 at 03:36 PM.. Reason: Added pictures
Appreciate 0