Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got_///M View Post
I am not saying the car is bad. Its a great car. I would just rather mod a 135i the way I want to rather than pay BMW a premium to mod the car for me. Thats all.
+1

That's my philosophy as well, but I certainly understand why people would want to stick with BMW as well. Same as with Dinan, the warranty is worth it, plus, you never have to worry about whether or not a part is quality. I remember when all of these 1 series mods were just coming out a few years ago when the 1er was pretty new, and it was always a gamble to try out a new product.

With BMW's own performance products, or Dinan, that's never a concern. However, BMW and Dinan are expensive and won't give you the best performance all-around. The performance exhaust sounds great, but I think my Berk exhaust (midpipes and axleback) sounds better. It's also cheaper. But... it's louder, and if something goes wrong with it BMW won't back it up (but, since it's just an exhaust, nothing will... this really applies more to other parts)..

Not everyone wants to tap into their ECU with a JB4, or even possibly lose their warranty due to a Cobb tune. While most of the "is" package is actually aesthetics, the PPK (complete with another oil cooler if I'm not mistaken, which actually may be worth it), and performance exhaust alone are worth the upgrade price for some who don't want to mess with their nice new car. I used to be in that mindset... didn't want anything beyond a JB+ and an axleback. But the mod bug bit me and now my car's getting a little out of hand haha.

And, are there any actual suspension upgrades to the is? I didn't think there were but I could be wrong. Either way, the BMW performance suspension is too soft for me, but perfect for a lot of people. I don't think I've heard of anyone who isn't happy with theirs. But it's the same principle. It's from BMW, and for some people that matters more than a sportier suspension.
I see what you're trying to say. Makes sense. And yeah the IS doesn't have a suspension upgrade. I'm 90 percent sure.
Appreciate 0