View Single Post
      05-14-2007, 02:49 PM   #7
Brookside
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudwest View Post
You guys are sooooo lucky.... I'll be waiting 'till 2009 or 2010 for mine, but I'm just as impatient.

130i Coupe in red/black, black/black or black/terra with the sport package. It'll be very hard to choose.

I'd do silver, but that would make three in a row and I'll need a change...

$32k seems slightly rich, given that's on par with 328i. My guess is that entry-level with be around $28k and a step up to the better engine will start at just over $30K.
Honestly...32k is just about where I thought it might be...but you're right, that's going steep and already in 3 territory.
For sure there will be price overlap between the 1 and 3...but it's a different consumer...different profile.
And who gets off their money faster- the person who wants a middle-of-the-road sedan or the person who wants a premium 2-door coupe?
I think those sort of factors will affect price and finance terms.

And, early adopters always end up with tough deals...no matter how smart shopper adept.
I expect mild horror (Vincent Price) rather than full-blown digitally restored directors-cut Linda Blair.
No doubt she waits in the wings for all the M1 people.

What I'm hoping is the European members who have the oppurtunity to get a 1-er before we do, start posting on the site.
Kicks'll be voyeuristic for awhile when that happens.

Appreciate 0